Mount Kenya University Giftsa Student who celebrated Graduation at Kibandasky

 Nearly a week after Eric Ndolo's vibrant graduation ceremony, Mount Kenya University has provided him with an additional cause for celebration. Ndolo gained attention when he chose to commemorate his graduation at a humble eatery that had supported him during financially challenging times. This act resonated with online users, and in response to the university's call for graduates to vie for a KSh 5,000 voucher, Ndolo received numerous nominations, highlighting the widespread admiration for his gesture.

Eric Ndolo Nthuko, a recent graduate of Mount Kenya University, has been presented with a KSh 5,000 voucher following the widespread attention garnered by his compelling story of perseverance during his time at the institution.


Eric Ndolo Nthuko who graduated from Mount Kenya University.


Ndolo pursued a degree in Education with a focus on English and Literature.

During his time as a student at Mount Kenya University, Ndolo faced financial constraints and couldn't indulge in extravagant dining due to limited funds.

"I spent eight years in university; in 2018, I had to defer due to financial challenges, despite being just three semesters away from completing my degree. I returned last year to finish my studies," elucidated the recent graduate. "I chose to celebrate my graduation in a place where, during times of financial hardship, they provided me with food without requiring payment. A friend of mine works there and would cover my expenses with his meager earnings."

In Ndolo's account, revisiting the place he considered his 'home' for an extended period brought him immense satisfaction. "I was filled with joy and gratitude because not a day passed without me having a meal at that eatery, and I cherished the smiles they shared when they saw me in my graduation gown," expressed Ndolo. "Even the food I showcased on the wall was purchased by my friend because he insisted on covering the cost; I invited another friend, and together we enjoyed a meal for which I paid," detailed the teacher.


Comments

Popular Posts